Divine Art Playing Cards turns a regular playing-card deck on its head by combining it with Hindu Mythology. After Ganjifa, this project is one of the first that captures Hindu Mythology in a deck of playing cards. The basis of the Indian worldview is of Cosmic unity underlying the physical diversity of the world. It is through this unity that man transcends himself. Almost every Indian folk artform is based on Hindu mythology. Therefore, for the Kings, Queens and Jacks of each suit, various Gods and Goddesses -- as well as their mounts (vahanas) -- are taken as inspiration. Millions worship these deities daily in India and abroad.
The gold-and-black backs and tuckbox are beautiful and stunning. You'll be proud to show off this deck of Divine Art Playing Cards.
- Fully custom illustrated cards based on Hindu Mythology
- 54 Poker-sized cards
- Gold foiled tuckbox on 300 GSM cardboard paper with Matte finish
- 330 GSM German Black Core Card Stock with linen finish on one side
- Hot stamped gold foil on card back
- Custom stamp/seal with metallic gold ink (numbered)
- Gilded edges using superior gold foil
- Extremely limited run of 500 decks in total
- Divine Art booklet
- First-ever deck produced by Guru Playing Card Company