Rarest of the rare, 100% handmade (Only 1 left)
Deck specs & other details:
1. Handcrafted from the ground up - preparation of the paper to the handpainted wooden box. Every deck is unique making it one of its kind and a real collector's crave.
2. 100 % illustrated and painted (by hand) 52 cards (takes months to make one deck) - card dimensions are slightly larger than Poker size). Layer of lacquer is applied on the cards by hand making them virtually waterproof. The process used is centuries old and on the verge of extinction.
3. Comes in a very beautiful, sturdy & handpainted wooden box
4. Reproduction of a deck known as Maharashtra Pack of cards/Whist pack said to be made in 1780. The original deck is in the Victoria & Albert Museum, London.
5. A true collector's crave and a treasure - every deck is unique because of the handcrafted nature of work
6. These will be shipped from Australia via express shipping option (delivery in 4-6 working days) tightly secured in bubble wrap and a box.
Note: This deck was offered as an add-on to the Bharata Playing Cards Kickstarter project. I completed the fulfillment of this deck to the backers recently and am now left with 6 decks which were made in excess of the number of add-on pledges.
I'm able to offer these due to my association with Royal Matriarch Satvashila Devi Bhonsle of Sawantwadi. These handpainted deck of playing cards are made in collaboration with Sawantwadi Lacquerwares in India. Rajmata Satvashila Devi Bhonsle has worked tirelessly for decades to revive traditional art & craft forms and her workshop in the Sawantwadi Palace is one of the only few in the world where this craft of handcrafted & lacquered playing cards (most notably, Ganjifa) still exists.
What do the collectors say about this deck:
--The Bharata Playing Cards and especially the hand crafted deck with the hand made and painted box exceeded my expectations. The artistry and workmanship are truly outstanding. Few decks have met the quality of this deck in all my years of collecting playing cards. The handcrafted deck and box is one of a kind. You are a lucky person if you have these decks in your collection. - Joe R. Austin, Texas
-- Box and Cards are high in individual detail work in paints/laquer, whilst the card stock is certainly umm, robusto, I would say !
They're a delight and a treasure Sunish, good work sourcing these .... they are a treat !
-- a lovely set bursting with colour and character.